Jesters x Coeliac New Zealand’s Cross Grain Logo Programme
Jesters is a member of Coeliac New Zealand’s Cross Grain Programme! Hooray!
What does that even mean? Simply put, the Jesters gluten free pie range is safe for pie lovers that are suffering from Coeliac disease.
Coeliac disease (pronounced see-lee-ak) is a permanent intestinal reaction to dietary gluten. It interferes with the absorption of nutrients from food. This may lead to deficiencies in vitamins. (Source: Coeliac New Zealand)
There is currently an estimate of 60,000 to 70,000 New Zealanders that have Coeliac disease. Unfortunately not many can cater to this group, but Jesters has made it their mission to bring their delicious flavoursome pies\ to as many people as possible. Jesters is even certified to use the Crossed Grain logo on their gluten free pie range so customers can be confident that the product is gluten free.
The Crossed Grain logo is the symbol both nationally and internationally recognised by those who need to follow a gluten free diet. The logo gives consumers a quick reference point when shopping and faced with uncertainty on the genuine gluten free status of a product.
All products displaying this logo have been reviewed and approved by Coeliac New Zealand as part of their certification programme and are suitable for a gluten free diet. (Source: Coeliac New Zealand)
Jesters gluten free pie range comes in 5 wholesome flavours:
- Gluten Free Billy T pie: Gluten free pastry - Lean beef mince with onion gravy and melted cheddar cheese
- Gluten Free Stockman pie: Gluten free pastry - Lean chunks of steak, smothered in Jesters famous onion gravy
- Gluten Free Maharaja pie: Gluten free pastry - Tender chicken chunks in an exotic butter chicken sauce
- Gluten Free Popeye pie: Gluten free pastry - Wholesome combination of spinach, button mushrooms and creamy feta cheese
- Gluten Free Kentucky Delight pie: Gluten free pastry - Fresh apple and tangy blueberries, mixed with smooth vanilla custard.
For more info on Coeliac disease or the Crossed Grain logo, please visit Coeliac New Zealand’s website https://www.coeliac.org.nz/
Happy Punting! (pie-hunting)